Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Instead of lettuce, sunflower seeds, and sprouts are used.
Make and share this Garden Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pickle, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mixed sprouts
- sunflower seeds (for topping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix ground chuck with egg, worcestershire,1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Form into 4 patties, about an 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook on grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, or 4-5 minutes in a heated skillet.
- Toast buns and spread with mayo, ketchup, and mustard if desired.
- Top with sprouts, and sunflower seeds on each bun, along with tomato onion and pickle slices.
A very yummy burger... We used the multi grain skinny bun.
Was pleasantly surprised by the sunflower seeds knew they would add a nice bit of crunch but really did not expect to taste them, but was so glad they could hold their own with all the other toppings. Have loved using Worcestershire in burgers for years but the addition of sprouts on top was a nice change. As the recipe did not state what type of sprouts so I used a mix that included radish and alfalfa. Thanks for the tasty post.
Delicious burgers. I had 1 pound of ground round, so I used slightly less of the egg and Worchestershire. The burgers had really good flavor. I loved all of the toppings! I used all of the suggested toppings and am so glad I did. Great combination!