Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From TOH and tweaked slightly. Huge--serves 24 but can be reduced, and simple to make. Ages well. Like the idea of putting the dry dressing directly on the veggies the day before. Times do not include chilling overnight. I can see varying this with mushrooms, black olives, etc. There are 2 tablespoons in one ounce so if reducing keep that in mind. There are many Italian dressing mixes posted here. Think it might be better to choose one that does not have sugar in it.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 (1 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the first five ingredients but do not dry; chop and transfer to large bowl. Add the remaining vegetables. Sprinkle with dry dressing mix, toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered overnight.
- Next day, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Add to vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Add to salad; toss to coat.