Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe to use when your garden is yielding more tomatoes than you know what to do with!
- 10 -12 medium tomatoes
- 5 -6 sprigs cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon olive juice
- 3 dashes celery salt
- 2 dashes salt
- 3 dashes pepper
- 4 -6 dashes Tabasco sauce or 4 -6 dashes hot sauce
- celery rib
- pickle, spear
- Cut an X in the bottom of the tomatoes and stew for 3 to 5 minutes in boiling water or until the skins start to peel away.
- Drain and place in ice water.
- Peel the skins off tomatoes and cut any hard or brown areas away.
- Put the tomatoes in the blender along with cilantro, garlic and salt.
- Pour a shot of vodka into a glass filled with ice.
- The next part is all depending on taste and the ingredients are per glass.
- This is how I like it.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, pickle juice, olive juice, celery salt, salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- Drop in a pickle spear and stir with a celery stick.
Thanks for the fantastic alternative to a high-salt cocktail! Made this for the road with a little chipotle tobasco and froze it = perfect!