Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a nice summer dish that's easy to pull together with a minimum of fuss.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans lima beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can wax beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drain all the cans of beans.
- Place in a large bowl with green pepper, celery and green onions.
- Put remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Keep boiling for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over vegetables.
- Put in the fridge for several hours or overnight before serving.
It is one of my favorite salads. It gets great comments each time. Also quick and easy.