Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Use fresh vegetables for this and you are in for a real treat--this in a wonderful dish.
Top Review by beckas
Very good. This salad was tangy and fresh tasting. If you like balsamic vinegar, you will like this salad as it is the most dominant flavor. I especially liked the addition of the basil.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, washed well but do not peel
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Vinaigrette: Combine all the ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Yield: 1 cup
- Arrange potatoes in steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 20 minutes or until tender. Place in large serving bowl.
- Arrange beans in steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Halve the potatoes and add the beans, onion, and basil.
- Add the vinaigrette to potato mixture and toss gently.
- Serve at once or cover and chill.