Use fresh vegetables for this and you are in for a real treat--this in a wonderful dish.
Make and share this Garden Bean and Potato Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, washed well but do not peel
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Vinaigrette: Combine all the ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Yield: 1 cup
- Arrange potatoes in steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 20 minutes or until tender. Place in large serving bowl.
- Arrange beans in steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Halve the potatoes and add the beans, onion, and basil.
- Add the vinaigrette to potato mixture and toss gently.
- Serve at once or cover and chill.