Recipe by Lakerdog2
Haven't tried these yet, but they look great for a healthy appetizer. Can make ahead too, just keep in the fridge until you're ready to bake them.
- 24 wonton wrappers (fresh or fozen)
For the filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed well
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the topping
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper into each cup, leaving edges extended. Lightly spray wrappers with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown and remove from pans.
- Combine all filling ingredients in food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to saucepan and heat until hot.
- Spoon one tbsp filling into each baked cup.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bell pepper. Bake at 350 3-4 more minutes or until cheese is melted.