1/1 Photo of Garbanzos Con Chorizo - Chickpeas With Chorizo
Tapas are an institution everywhere in Spain. These are tidbits of food for nibbling while chatting with friends and can be made with seafood, meat, eggs and vegetables, to be served hot or cold. Garbanzos, chorizo and Spanish pimientos del piquillo are some of the classic tapa ingredients. For an authentic touch, serve it in little earthenware dishes called "cazuelas", as it is served throughout Andalucia. Adapted from Beverly LeBlanc's book "World Food - SPAIN"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 9 ounces chorizo sausage, casing removed, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pimientos, del piquillo drained and sliced or
- 6 small pods sweet peppers, roasted and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened but not browned.
- 2Stir in chorizo and continue cooking until heated through.
- 3Tip the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chickpeas and peppers.
- 4Splash with sherry vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Serve hot or at room temperature in individual cazuelas, sprinkled with parsley, with plenty of crusty bread.
- 6Cooks note:.
- 7I also added a splash of EVOO.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garbanzos Con Chorizo - Chickpeas With Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 1099.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar