1 hr 10 mins
I love store bought veggie burgers, so I decided to experiment on my own. I don't like the patties to actually taste like meat so my recipe doesn't and I wanted veggie patties with less calories. It actually tastes more like grains and its healthy too! I make these on a regular basis and eat a patty with toasted whole wheat bread and non-fat mayo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the barley and rice and drain.
- 2Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the grains and let it soak for 1 hour.
- 3Then cook the grains until done.
- 4In a blender, puree the can of beans.
- 5When done, put into a large bowl with the garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and cumin powder and mix well.
- 6Add the shredded carrots to the bean mix.
- 7When the grains are done cooking, put them into the blender in 1 cup batches (don't dump all the rice in at once because it becomes gummy) and blend until it forms sort of a sticky ball.
- 8Do this until all the grains are used up.
- 9Add the sticky rice mix to the garbanzo bean mix and blend well (I just used my hands).
- 10Add an egg to the mix now and stir.
- 11Now form the mixture into 10 balls and flatten them like burger patties.
- 12Put onto a lightly greased baking pan and broil about 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garbanzo Veggie Burger
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 152.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g