Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
In an effort to get my husband to eat healthier meals that include vegetables, I came up with this little salad. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- cayenne pepper
- Toss everything together in a salad bowl and serve.
- Another variation is to add a 1 lb box of cooked and cooled pasta to the salad. Prepare the same way, and toss all together.
Great recipe! Nice light blend of flavors. I`ll be making this one again real soon! Thanks for the posting!!!
This is a great, quick salad to toss together and makes such a nice change of pace. It's so pretty, too! I added some quartered artichoke hearts to mine, and found I needed about a tablespoon more vinegar to give it the "zing" I was looking for.
This is a yummy salad. I too added just a bit extra vinegar and thought it was good that way. Thanks!