Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great sounding vegetarian main-dish salad. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Make and share this Garbanzo Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces uncooked spinach rotini pasta (or fusilli)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (chickpeas)
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- lettuce leaf
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt. Drain and rinse well under cold water until pasta is cool; drain well.
- Combine pasta, garbanzo beans, carrots, celery, bell pepper and green onions in medium bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper and Italian seasoning in small bowl until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat evening. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Arrange lettuce on individual plates. Spoon salad over lettuce and garnish with cherry tomatoes, if desired.