Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 96 hrs
This is a recipe on the back of San Giorgio medium shells. I have made it for years and we all love it. I will post it with the pimentos, but I do not use them. I try to make this with Progresso Chick Peas. Cook time is chill time.
- 8 ounces san giorgio medium pasta shells, cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water and drained again
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pimiento (2 ounce jar)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 19 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Place onion, parsley, pimento, garlic and vinegar in large bowl.
- Mix together and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss lightly until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate.