1/3 Photos of Garbanzo Noodle Soup
Terrific vegetarian chicken noodle soup substitute! Growing up I always loved chicken noodle soup and missed it since becoming a vegetarian. I adapted this recipe from a friend that got it from another friend and so on. My kids love it, especially if I top it with their favorite goldfish crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water (depending on how soupy you want it you can add a cup or two more)
- 4 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 250 g pasta noodles (use your favorite)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian poultry seasoning (add more if you add more water, my favorite is McKays chicken seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1Bring everything except noodles and cream of celery soup to a boil.
- 2Drop noodles into this boiling mixture.
- 3Let it simmer 15 to 25 minutes (my stove doesn't simmer the way it should, so I'm not sure the exact "normal" time)until the noodles are cooked through. Stir occansionally during this time.
- 4Turn off the stove and stir in 1/2 of the 10 3/4oz can of cream of celery soup.
- 5Salt to taste and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garbanzo Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 376.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian poultry seasoning
reduced-fat cream of celery soup