Recipe by dicentra
This is from Eden Foods. I will use dried shiitakes when I make this, since I always have them in the house.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup leek, white and green part, well cleaned, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock, recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium soup pot and sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add leeks and shiitake, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock , water and garbanzo beans. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium and simmer 5 minutes. Remove the lid and add the elbows, sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook about 5 to 7 minutes until pasta is tender. Place in serving bowls and garnish with parsley.