Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a can of Old El Paso beans about 30 years ago. Easy to make and good veggie protein.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml diced green chilis (or a 3 oz. casn)
- 1.23 ml marjoram
- 2 (850.48 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce or 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 118.29-177.44 ml chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
I loved this it is the first time I have eaten chickpeas hot and it was great. PAC FALL '07
This is delicious and easy, too. I am a relatively new fan of garbanzos, so this new way to cook them is very welcome. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.