Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a can of Old El Paso beans about 30 years ago. Easy to make and good veggie protein.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis (or a 3 oz. casn)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
I loved this it is the first time I have eaten chickpeas hot and it was great. PAC FALL '07
This is delicious and easy, too. I am a relatively new fan of garbanzos, so this new way to cook them is very welcome. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.