- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2⁄3 cup drained canned garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup cubed peeled avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on; process until minced.
- Add beans and lemon juice; process 20 seconds.
- Add 1/3 cup onion, avocado, green chilies, salt and pepper; pulse 5 times or until mixture is chunky.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Stir in tomato and green onions.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.