Recipe by Vino Girl
From The Complete Book of Bread Machine Baking (1994).
Top Review by Erin R.
Wow, what a fun recipe! Who would ever have though to put garbanzos into bread? As a regular hummus eater I usually have odds and ends of the little things to use up, so this will now be a great way to do that. They are not prominent in the bread, but they do pop up here and there like little hidden treats. Great tasting, soft bread, and I will add it to my arsenal with pleasure. Thanks.
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 2⁄3 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sucanat or 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whey powder (I don't use)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast