Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked rice
- In a big skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, saute/stir the onion and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in broccoli and mushrooms; cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, and the next 5 ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.