Summertime is too hot to cook but I still want protein in my salads. I found this recipe in a diet book and added a few things to make it pop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces firm tofu, rinsed, dried, cubed
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Rinse tofu, wrap in paper towels or dish cloth to remove excess water.
- 2Dice tofu and put it in a zip lock bag, or container, with Italian dressing seasoning, red wine vinegar, water and oil. Set aside.
- 3Make vinaigrette: whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together until combined and set aside.
- 4Tame red onion ***.
- 5In a large salad bowl, put garbanzo beans, zucchini, squash and red onion.
- 6Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- 7Add tofu and toss again.
- 8Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- 9Best served chilled after an hour but just as tasty if you eat it immediately.
- 10*** Tame the red onion: soak sliced onion in 2 cups water with 4 tablespoons of white wine or apple cider vinegar. Remove after 15 to 30 minutes. ***.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garbanzo Bean, Tofu and Squash Salad
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix