Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Mother-in-law makes this one and my husband just loves it. You can also put this in your crockpot.
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 6 white potatoes, cut bite size
- 1 green pepper, cut bite-size
- 1 bermuda onion, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, cut bite-size
- 2 cups ham, cut bite-size
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or 2 teaspoons red peppers
- 3 bay leaves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Put everything into a large pot and cook for 4 or 5 hours.
- Water can be added as needed.