Great taste with very little effort.
Make and share this Garbanzo Bean Salad With Tuna and Creamy Lemon Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 head chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk together yogurt, mayo, mustard, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl to blend.
- In a large bowl add lettuce, beans, tuna, onions, celery, tomatoes and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss to blend.
- The lettuce can also be substituted for 4 cups of cooked pasta (the spiral kind works best I think).
- Or just leave out the lettuce completely, cut the yogurt in half and use the salad as a pita filling.
This made for a delicious lunch box treat. I did use about 1/3 less of the dressing. This was served on a bed of fresh spinach. Something I will have to make again.