Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Packed with flavor, fiber and healthy vitamins - this is a great salad to serve when you have a heavy main dish that needs a lighter compliment.
- 1 1⁄4 cups garbanzo beans, canned, drained
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, cubed
- 1 cup chopped tomato (grape tomatoes work great)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- kalamata olive, drained (optional)
- Drain one can of garbanzo beans. Chop all other vegetables and add to beans.
- Mix dressing ingredients together; toss with salad.
- Divide salad onto 4 plates; top each plate with 1/2 oz. crumbled feta to serve.
- If desired, you may also add a few Kalamata olives on top of each plate.
I left out the onion and added celery: delicious! Will defo make again. Super quick and easy, but very tasty!
Greek Garbanzo brean salad is what I would call this. Yumm!
Loved this!! Fresh, healthy, filling, fiber full... update 10/21/07.. I'm changing my stars from 4 to 5. I've made this salad probably 10 times.. and I love it everytime.. if I make it that much.. it's a five star recipe!