Super meatless recipe for informal dinners and quick lunches. Add a little horseradish if you want to kick it up a notch. Taken from Light & Tasty magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (you can substitute chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, 6-inch
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1In a blender or food processor, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth.
- 2Spoon 1/3 cup bean mixture into each pita half.
- 3Top with lettuce, cucumber and tomato.
- 4May add fat free ranch dressing if so desired.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garbanzo Bean Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 733.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g