Recipe by PSU Lioness
I made this for my husband and myself but I now make it regularly for my 11 month-old son to eat since he gobbled it up when I let him try it! I'm not sure where the original recipe came from but after I made it, I thought the lemon juice overpowered everything and there wasn't enough flavor. I played around with it and this is what I came up with. It's a great dip for carrot and raw green pepper sticks (not to mention that it's pretty healthy to boot!) Enjoy! **NOTE: THIS RECIPE IS FOR THE PARTY BATCH OF DIP. IT CAN EASILY BE HALVED SINCE IT SHOULD BE EATEN WITHIN 4 DAYS OF MAKING IT.**
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Mash or puree until smooth, adding more water as needed until the dip is at your personal desired consistancy (I like mine thick!).
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days (the longer it sits in there, the better the flavors will blend).