Recipe by joanne.smolka
This experiment turned out better than expected. I used a pre-packaged spice mix, but you can use your own mexican spice mix if you like. I used corn and tomato for my veggies, but feel free to experiment with what you would normally put on a taco or burrito.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 (20 g) package taco seasoning
- 1 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to instructions, or use leftover rice.
- Dice the onion, and cook in a bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes, until it becomes clear.
- Add the can of chickpeas (including the water). When the liquid starts bubbling, add the spice mix. Cook for about 10 minutes, or when liquid starts to become thick.
- Mix the cheese, rice, and beans together, put some on a tortilla, including your vegetables, wrap it up and eat it with sour cream. Yum!