1/2 Photos of Garbanzo and Green Chile Stew
Mommy Diva's Note:
I found this from Bush's beans. Looks like a fab stew - since I like all the ingredients! Green chiles, garbanzo beans and pork, oh my! Chances are I might be inclined to throw a little cheese and sour cream at this for garnish, but I am twisted that way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, with liquid (Bush's recommended)
- 1Season the pork tenderloin pieces with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat a 2-quart sauce pot over high heat. Add the oil and the raw pork tenderloin. Cook on high until the pork is brown all over, but still raw in the center.
- 3Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- 4Place the pan back on the burner over medium heat; add onions, celery, carrots and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the enchilada sauce and water; bring to a simmer.
- 6Add the beans and the liquid, let cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the pork back to the pan and let simmer until the pork is cooked to medium.
- 8Serve with corn tortillas and fresh tomato salsa, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garbanzo and Green Chile Stew
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 441.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 16.8 g