Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this basic recipe in the Weimar Institute cookbook which is a vegan cookbook. I have altered it a little to suit my needs. This is a good vegetarian alternative to traditional Chicken ala King.
- 15 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces
- 2 ounces pimientos
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces celery, chopped
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 4 ounces chopped carrots, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- Saute onion and celery until tender.
- Combine almond milk with flour in large pot, heat slowly to make white sauce.
- Add all ingredients, mix together and heat.
- Serve over rice or noodles or toast.