Recipe by Deb1
This mashed potato casserole can be made ahead and frozen or refrigerated. It's great for dinner parties, and the kids love it! You can add virtually anything to it and it's still delicious! Try with a variety of beef and slow cooker dishes.
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes (skins on)
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (peeled)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 pint light sour cream
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup light grated cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh chives
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into cubes.
- Boil in salted water for 15 min.
- or until tender.
- Mash manually with butter and cream cheese.
- Mix in other ingredients and blend with hand mixer until desired texture is reached.
- Add milk if you like a smoother texture.
- Place in coated casserole and bake at 350 degrees for half hour or until heated through and brown on top.
- Top with chopped parsley.
- This can be made with virtually any combination of cheeses, including bleu or asiago.
- Other add ins include: bacon, ham, carmelized onions, shallots, or garlic and any herb you think sounds good.
- Try it with fresh ground horseradish!