Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A little bit of this...a little bit of that and you have chili for a crowd! This is a easy way to feed a crowd on Super Bowl Sunday or for Monday Night Football when "the guys" are all together!
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 (30 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced pitted black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder ((to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin ((to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (optional)
- Brown ground beef with onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- In an extra large kettle, put the ground beef and all other ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with grated cheddar, fresh chopped onion, crackers and fritos for add ins if desired.