Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Recipe is from All Recipes
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seed
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 dried hot red chili peppers, seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- Combine the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, peppercorns, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cloves, and red chile peppers in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Toast until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Grind the toasted spices in a clean coffee grinder or spice mill to a fine powder.
- Spoon in the turmeric, and process to combine.
- Use immediately, or store in a sealed jar for up to 1 month.