Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is a multipuropse spice. I used to buy it from ethnic east indian stores but I have started making it from the dry spices. The aroma and taste are exceptional.
- 12 black peppercorns
- 3 cardamom seeds, crack and peel the green shell off
- 12 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup coriander seed
- 1⁄2 cup cumin seed
- fennel seed
- This spice is used in many indian receipes to add flavor.
- It can also be used as garnish for salad, yogurt, meat etc.
- The proportion of the ingredients can be changed to suit one's personal taste.
- Place all dry ingredients in a blender and blend into a fine powder.
- The spice powder can be stored in any airtight container.
I halved this recipe, although now I wish I had a made a full batch! Instead of a blender, I used a coffee grinder, part of my decision to halve it. I love the detail in the instructions saying to "crack and peel the green shell off" the cardamom seeds; I would have done it anyway, but there was a time when I was learning to cook that I might not have lol!. The resulting spice mix is quite nice! Thanks, Avtar Singh! Made for ZWT4.
Thank you for this recipe. The other day I was wanting to make chicken tikkie masala and didn't have (my super market)all the spices required. I will now seek all these and make my own Masala for when need it. Thank you once again