Recipe by Rita~
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the aroma of these warming spices. This is being posted for those in the world that can't buy it you can make it!This way no one is missing out! Nice to pack in pretty jars for gifts. Mixed this together for CunSwim a chef here at zaar.
- 1⁄2 cup cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 10 -12 green cardamom pods (bruised)
- 4 -5 black cardamom pods (bruised)
- 8 cloves
- 1⁄2 nutmeg, grated (with the mace is a plus)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 4 whole star anise
- 5 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast all the ingredients lightly in a heavy bottom pan (cast iron).
- When the spices give off the fragrance allow to cool slightly. Grind to a powder in a coffee grinder (used for only spices not coffee).
- Store this powder in a dry airtight container for up to a year.