Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Curried deviled eggs with extra spark for a more authentic Indian flavor. Garam masala is an Indian spice mixture available in many supermarkets and at Indian markets. You can also make your own such as with Garam Masala. This can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (Hard-Boiled Eggs offers perfection!)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno chile (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced mango chutney
- 1⁄2 teaspoon scant garam masala
- finely chopped radish, to garnish
- Shell eggs, then cut in half lengthwise.
- Transfer yolks to small bowl and mash with fork. Mix in mayonnaise. Stir in next 4 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon yolk mixture into whites. Top generously with chopped radishes.
My family will be expecting traditional deviled eggs for Easter dinner. They are going to be surprised. I garnished with a tiny bit of fresh thyme. This recipe is perfect as is, I would have garnished with radishes, but did not have any on hand. I would imagine that they would have had a delightful crunch.
I've never been fond of most of the seasonings in conventional deviled eggs (mustard, relish, etc)... stumbled upon this recipe when I was looking for something different. It is definitely a keeper! Have made these a few times, and they always vanish quickly. :)
"Cackle Berries", one of my favorite fruits. This was very tasty. When I don't have raddishes I us Water Chestnuts. Nice crunch. Keep them recipes a-comin. Cap'n Jack