Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Australian Women's Weekly - Easy Curry Cookery
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cardamom seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 nutmeg, cracked
- Combine ingredients in small saucepan, stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until fragant.
- Blend or process mixture until fine, use coffee grinder to ensure fine mixture.
Here is another excellent garam masala recipe that has a balanced flavor but different in addition of caraway seeds. Thank you Tigerlillyblu for posting this recipe. Made for Asian Forum's India Tag Game Mar 2010.