1/1 Photo of Garam Masala
Garam Masala is a blend of Indian Curry spices, this is a blend that I put together 2 & 1/2 years ago for my cooking class. You will need to use a food processor for this recipe, or spend a decent about of time at a mortar and pestle. I love the smell of this blend, so warm and earthy!! Hope you enjoy making it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, preferably the nut and coffee grinder kind, grind cardamom seeds for about 15 - 20 seconds, it should be in a powder form by then.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT cinnamon, to the processor, and processor for a further 15 - 20 seconds.
- 3Put all the processed ingredients in to a small frying pan, with NO OIL, and fry over a very low heat for 5 or 6 minutes, it should smell warm, but not burnt.
- 4Take off the stove, and add the cinnamon.
- 5Leave in a dry place for the spices to cool off for a few minutes.
- 6Put in an air tight container and use as needed!
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garam Masala
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g