Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Standard spice blend used in Indian cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup coriander seed
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3 teaspoons cardamom seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Place all the spices, except the turmeric, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes, on a baking sheet. Bake at 275 for 10 minutes, or until all smell fragrant.
- Place in a food processor and grind as fine as you can. You may have to break up the cinnamon stick pieces by hand.
- Then add ALL the ingredients to a food blender and grind away.
- Moving the spices from a food processor to a blender will allow you to get a finer grind.
- Store in a sealed glass jar.