- 19.71 ml cumin seeds
- 19.71 ml coriander seeds
- 4.92 ml ground cardamom
- 1.23 ml whole cloves
- 2.46 ml black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks (2-inch sticks)
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry-roast the cumin, coriander, cardamom, and cloves in a skillet until lightly browned, 1 or 2 minutes. When cool, combine with the black pepper and cinnamon in a spice grinder and grind to a powder. Mix with the cayenne pepper and pour into an airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place for up to several months if not using immediately.
- Note: To make a paste, stir a bit of tepid water into the spice mixture.