Recipe by webcontacts
This dish is also called sukhadi in some parts of Gujarat. This is a version of Golpapdi, that is served warm and not cut into the traditional diamond shaped cubes. The trick to making this version is to add the gur after the wheat and ghee mixture has cooled to a comfortable temperature and yet allows the gur to melt and caramelize thus giving it a characteristic
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup grated jaggery (gur)
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
- 1⁄2 cup ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ghee and the wheat flour in a glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after every minute, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the saunf, khus-khus and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir for a few minutes till the mixture cools down slightly.
- Add the grated jaggery and mix well till it dissolves into the flour mixture.
- Microwave for a few seconds (approx. 10 seconds) if the jaggery has not melted completely.
- Add the milk and cardamom and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the sliced almonds and pistachios.