Gar Doo Gai (Chinese Chicken Salad)
- Create dressing first by combining all dressing ingredients in blender container and blending thoroughly. Store in refrigerator, until ready to use. If dressing separates, blend briefly before using.
- Season chicken with salt, cover with water and simmer until tender, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool.
- When cool, cut chicken tenders into strips 1 inch long. Saute chicken in 2 tbs peanut oil until crisp. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add remaining peanut oil to the skillet and heat until very hot. Add rice and fry, stirring constantly until hard and grainy, about 2 minutes. If skillet is not very hot, the rice will stick.
- Toss rice with lettuce, sautéed chicken, green onion, plum sauce and sesame seed dressing right before serving.