Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Hearty comfort food from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Really nice served with hot biscuits or dumplings. Overnight standing time not included in preparation time and cooking time is approximate.
- Season meat well by rubbing with salt, pepper and ginger; cover and let stand at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place in a stockpot and cover with boiling water; add onion and celery, simmer gently until tender.
- Remove meat; skim fat from broth.
- Add flour to a little water and mix to a smooth paste; add to broth and heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add parsley and pour over goose.