Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the potato salad recipe that I am famous for. I named this recipe after a potato salad that I was trying to duplicate from Gandolfos Sandwich Shop where I live. However, as I was trying to duplicate the recipe, I came across a recipe from Southern Living that had similar ingredients and decided that the S.L. recipe was excellent if not better than Gandolfos-so I stuck with that. Everyone goes nuts over this and I give this recipe out all the time.
- 3 lbs unpeeled new potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (I use low-fat)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 slices bacon, crumbled
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water to cover 14 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain potatoes and cool to touch.
- Cut potatoes into quarters or eighths, leaving skins on; place in large bowl.
- Add crumbled bacon to potatoes.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add to potato and bacon mixture and toss gently.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- Garnish if desired.
I've now made this with and without the bacon and also with onions or with scallions replacing the onions (because my BIL doesn't like onions). To my surprise I actually like it better without the bacon. With the scallions it was fine but lacked some bite. On the other hand with the onions it was fantastic!
I had been craving this salad! Awesome! Thanks!
THIS IS the best !!! Everyone wants the recipe. A nice change in the summer after the same-old, same-old potato salad. LOVE ,LOVE the dill ! As you can tell it was a big hit with the family ....