Recipe by Manami
What can I say about any recipe containing any of the Hersheys' products? These are too, too much. Recipe Courtesy of Hersheys Kitchens.
Top Review by Prov Lady 25
The brownies are disappointing, coming out hard and rather chalky tasting, perhaps because the recipe is incomplete (ie,in stating what to do with the other half of the melted butter, for example). The ganache, however, is the simplest, best tasting, addictive coating for brownies I have ever had! I mixed half semi sweet and half 60% bitter dark cocoa chips for a grown-up, smooth chocoholics dream! And, you don't miss the taste or zillion calories and saturated fat from butter which another ganache recipe calls for. Keep this ganache recipe, and make brownie recipe number 15072 Perfect Choc. Brownies by Virginia)or 62055 (OMG The Best...by Katrina). Both are exceptionally GOOD!!!
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted & divided
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- fresh strawberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl, stir in 1/3 cup butter.
- Add boiling water, stir until mixture thickens.
- Add flour, vanilla & salt; blend completely.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare Ganache:.
- Place 2 cups (12 oz pkg) Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 cup whipping cream in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at High 30 seconds, stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Pour ganache over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate 20-30 minutes. Cut into 3-inch squares; cut squares diagonally in half to form a triangle shape.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.