A lovely dish with flavors that are hearty.
Make and share this Gammon (Ham Steaks) With Whiskey Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Brush steaks with melted butter.
- Snip fat to prevent curling, and grill for 7-8 minutes each side.
- To make sauce, gently fry onions in remainder of butter until cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour gradually.
- Add stock and return to heat.
- Add sugar and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for about 2 minutes to cook flour.
- If sauce seems a little thick, add more water.
- Add whiskey and season to taste.
- Place gammon steaks on a warmed serving platter and pour on sauce.