1/1 Photo of Gammon (Ham Steaks) With Whiskey Sauce
Miss Annie's Note:
A lovely dish with flavors that are hearty.
My Private Note
ham ste ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush steaks with melted butter.
- 2Snip fat to prevent curling, and grill for 7-8 minutes each side.
- 3To make sauce, gently fry onions in remainder of butter until cooked.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in flour gradually.
- 5Add stock and return to heat.
- 6Add sugar and bring to the boil.
- 7Simmer gently for about 2 minutes to cook flour.
- 8If sauce seems a little thick, add more water.
- 9Add whiskey and season to taste.
- 10Place gammon steaks on a warmed serving platter and pour on sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gammon (Ham Steaks) With Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 42.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: