- 4 ham steaks
- 9.85 ml finely chopped onions
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml whiskey
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- 177.44 ml water or 177.44 ml stock
- salt or pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush steaks with melted butter.
- Snip fat to prevent curling, and grill for 7-8 minutes each side.
- To make sauce, gently fry onions in remainder of butter until cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour gradually.
- Add stock and return to heat.
- Add sugar and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for about 2 minutes to cook flour.
- If sauce seems a little thick, add more water.
- Add whiskey and season to taste.
- Place gammon steaks on a warmed serving platter and pour on sauce.