Recipe by Mya's Gamma
I make this recipe once a year in the Summer when the green peppers become abundant. I only make it once a year so that it will always be a special Summer treat. I like to use the canned diced tomatoes that come with green pepper,onion & celery.
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peppers in half,lengthwise
- Remove stems and seeds.
- Cook in salted boiling water about 5 minutes
- Drain good
- Combine beef,onion,1/2 can of soup,1/2 can diced tomatoes,rice,Worcestershire Sauce,salt and pepper.
- Spoon meat mixture into pepper halves Place in a shallow glass pan
- Combine the rest of the soup with the rest of the diced tomatoes and the can of tomato sauce.
- Pour over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly hot.