Gamja Sogogi Jorim (Korean Braised Potatoes and Beef)
- Peel potatoes and then cut into quarters. Round each potato piece into smooth oval shapes and then wash.
- In a medium pot, mix the beef with the green onion, garlic, sesame salt, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- Add the potatoes and bring to medium-high heat. Stir-fry the beef and potatoes until beef is no longer pink (1-2 minutes).
- Add the cup of water and bring to a rolling boil. Once the water has almost evaporated, add the shishito peppers. Lower heat to medium-high, stirring frequently, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the ground pine nuts.