Broke Guy's Note:
This is a traditional Korean recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small potatoes (fist sized)
- 1 ounce beef, minced or 1 ounce ground beef
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, white parts only sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 shishito green peppers or 1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 ounce pine nuts, ground (Garnish)
- 1Peel potatoes and then cut into quarters. Round each potato piece into smooth oval shapes and then wash.
- 2In a medium pot, mix the beef with the green onion, garlic, sesame salt, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- 3Add the potatoes and bring to medium-high heat. Stir-fry the beef and potatoes until beef is no longer pink (1-2 minutes).
- 4Add the cup of water and bring to a rolling boil. Once the water has almost evaporated, add the shishito peppers. Lower heat to medium-high, stirring frequently, and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the ground pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gamja Sogogi Jorim (Korean Braised Potatoes and Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 769.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shishito green peppers