Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a traditional Korean recipe.
- 4 small potatoes (fist sized)
- 1 ounce beef, minced or 1 ounce ground beef
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, white parts only sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 shishito green peppers or 1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 ounce pine nuts, ground (Garnish)
- Peel potatoes and then cut into quarters. Round each potato piece into smooth oval shapes and then wash.
- In a medium pot, mix the beef with the green onion, garlic, sesame salt, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- Add the potatoes and bring to medium-high heat. Stir-fry the beef and potatoes until beef is no longer pink (1-2 minutes).
- Add the cup of water and bring to a rolling boil. Once the water has almost evaporated, add the shishito peppers. Lower heat to medium-high, stirring frequently, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the ground pine nuts.