I just had an idea & came up with this! Add/Subract whatever pleezes you!!! Grill, broil or fry the bratwurt, but do NOT use the pre-cooked kind. I personally don't care for the brown sugar in this, but the wife does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Empty sauerkraut into a collander & rinse VERY well with cold water & let drain.
- 2Melt butter in a large fry pan.
- 3Add the chopped onion & season with the coriander & ginger.
- 4Cook onion until soft, stirring often.
- 5Add the chopped apple, caraway seed & mustard seed. & cook until apple is soft & onion is slightly brown.
- 6Stir in the drained sauerkraut & brown sugar -- heat thoroughly.
- 7If desired, add some of your favorite beer to taste.
- 8Top with the cooked brats.
- 9Cover & keep warm however you see fit -- crockpot works great!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Game Time Bratwurst
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 1215.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g