- 2 cups game, diced, cooked, any kind will do
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage, powdered
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups hot water or 2 cups stock, heated
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter. Add bacon, onion, carrot, pepper, and sage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring very well.
- Add stock or water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- SLOWLY. Add Worcestershire sauce and strain.
- Add the game and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Serve over buttered toast. If using raw game, brown the game first and then add to the gravy at the same point as cooked game but simmer for 30 minutes to 45 minutes longer.